I'M WEARING A DUMB CARDIGAN

It goes with my outfit because it is black, like the rest of my outfit.
I'm wearing a color.  So you can't complain about that.  

I am also wearing two necklaces, here.  Don't overlook the effort.  
One of the necklaces even matches the dumb black cardigan I'm wearing.

Oh wait, did I just call my black cardigan dumb? 
Yes. I did.  
Cause its dumb.

Don't wear a dumb, boring cardigan!  

Face it. We wear a lot of cardigans. They come in every color and go with everything. But I say that we've hit critical mass in a cardigan rut. Be honest. How often do you grab for that plain black cardigan? Its versatile, it goes with everything. Boring!

What if your totally cool, unique, colorful cardigan dressed up the rest of your outfit and required less effort from you overall?   See, so the unique and fun cardigan actually works harder for you than your black cardigan. 


Yes, finding this little sweater is totally what prompted me to write about boring cardigans.  The tipping point for my frustration. The "Ah ha!" moment for my inspiration.

It is Charlotte Ronson.  I found it at my favorite consignment store, Turnstyle in Minneapolis. 
The lace and pink and gray stripes caught my eye from across the room and I ran as calmly as I could to retrieve. 

I paid $12.00
Deep sigh of fashion relief. 

The muted colors make this sweater feel like a neutral to me. I would wear it with most everything.
The gold buttons make me so happy. 

And while it feels pretty and feminine; I love knowing I can punk it up with a t-shirt or something with studs and iron!


Hitting the old corporate office today in this outfit. Mother would approve. 


I turn my back on you; dumb boring cardigan, unless I'm wearing you over an amazing in your face, top.
Know your place black cardigan. Know your place.