THE DAILY OUTFIT CHALLENGE

I tackled THREE CHALLENGES while getting ready today.
Not sure where the ambition came from.  Must be those flowers.

FIRST...Color!

SECOND..Pattern mixing.  My new favorite game.

THIRD...One and done.  Think of an outfit, put that outfit on, do not change one thing, wear it!


CHALLENGE #1 Color

Found this sweet little floral tank top on sale at Forever 21. I've had it for years and it always makes me feel pretty. The flowers just have that 60's vibe, to me.  

Forever 21 is great for inexpensive, on trend of the moment, items.  I choose to make this little floral number a classic.  An unexpected bonus.

Tank TOP: $5.00

Red jeans from Old Navy, on the sale rack.
Solid colors are neutrals; no matter what color.

Red JEANS:  $10.00

Heading to work. Gotta cover those shoulders!


CHALLENGE #2  Pattern mixing.
You can't put those two patterns together.  They don't match!

I seriously thought of this bold black and white blocked cardigan from Talbots, instantly, to go with this outfit.  Floral tank makes this basic (insert dumb boring) cardigan somewhat exciting.

It is so clean, prim and proper.
I picked it up at Goodwill.  The tag actually says Talbots Collection: Made of Italian yarn.
She's in great condition.

SWEATER: $3.00

How many times do you think you need to wear a solid with a wack floral pattern like this?
All the time?

Fight the urge! Don't wear a DUMB BORING CARDIGAN.


CHALLENGE #3 One and done!

Be honest. How many times do you change clothes when you are getting ready?  

Don't lie.

To become less hectic, more confident in my choices and in the interest of dressing for RIGHT NOW, I do this challenge as much as I can.

In the morning I wake up, I think of an item of clothing I'd like to wear, build the outfit in my head, put the clothes on and do not change!

Black belt, meant for the waist, nice black leather and gold buckle; thrifted.

BELT: $1.00


Shoes are Franco Sarto.  They are black, have a medium heel and sling back. Thrifted.
They are so comfortable and make me feel pretty.

SHOES: $4.00

The medium heel is the best way for me to feel dressed up but still run around the office or on location.  I generally cover a lot of miles at work!


I wonder if I can winterize these flowers?  Ha, stay tuned.