YOUR PERSONAL STYLE: MY MOTHER HATES THIS OUTFIT



But Mom, it's a dress.  It has leopard print.  A very understated leopard print, I might add.

Even better, I found this summer leopard dress at TJ Maxx.

DRESS: $12.00

And mom, look at the belt. It's classy!  The center of the belt is suede!
I found the belt in a thrift store in a tiny town in Northern Canada called Huntsville.
I cannot believe what I paid for it, or that someone parted with it.

BELT: $1.00


Ok Mom, so maybe the shoes aren't your favorite shade, like a beautiful pea soup.

And hey, they almost have no business being with this dress.  

The shoes feel preppy and fastidious, while the dress feels like a night on the town
(during summer, of course, on a patio.)

Shoes are Nine West Studio (my favorite brand of shoes).  They are real leather.
I found them at a thrift store; never worn. No marks or scuffs. Serious.

SHOES: $6.00!

And so my defense here, mom, is that I need to wear this to work.....

Little summer leopard dress must be caged. 


The preppy green loafers reminded me of this checkered button down that I found at a thrift store.
It's J Crew.

The fussy prepster will contain the leopard, I think.

J Crew SHIRT: $2.00

And now, yes, we have to come to the actual hatred of this outfit for mom.

Mixing preppy check and summer loafers with leopard.


I'm wearing this to work!!  Sorry Momma!