THE DAILY OUTFIT CHALLENGE


CHALLENGE?

The ever popular empire waist.
SHOULD I LOVE OR LEAVE THIS TOP?

And an added CHALLENGE?
How much color can I get into this outfit and retain that menswear edge?


The shirt is so very girly.
Got it in Los Angeles on sale.

TOP: $8.00

I love my hats.  They don't get to come out as much during spring and summer.
I am working on that.

But this one is straw and green.

She's a beauty; on sale from Urban Outfitters.

HAT:  $12.00


Menswear, gold loafers.  So comfortable.
Got them at Half Off Half in Richardson, TX

LOAFERS: $4.00

But...
Something isn't quite right.

Maybe heels will help?


Summer sandals, brown with brass studs from Target, sale rack. 

SHOES:  $6.50

It's the empire waist.  

I bought so many shirts in this style for an extended period of time and now I'm kicking myself.  

Empire is flattering by design, if done right, but some of the shirts and dresses that I own have too much flowy fabric over the belly, hiding the natural waistline.  So maybe it is time to declare war on empire waists. I can hear the rebellion buzzing in the background as I write.

Actually, I think clothes makers out there (you know who you are) have gotten lazy with this design element.  What happened to skimming your body?


The sweater is Theory, on sale at resale shop Opitz in Minneapolis.
Lightweight, hangs well.

CARDIGAN: $2.00


Not a pretty solution.

Love the heels, will totally wear them with this outfit but I am bound and determined to do my full menswear thing today.


These shoes are so neutral in color with the tiniest hint of pink.
Lace ups in front and sling in the back.

They have never been worn; not a scratch on them.

Unique Thrift store in my Northeast Minneapolis hood.

DKNY.  I have never seen anything like them.  They had a "sample" sticker on them.

SHOES:  $4.00


Has the belt saved the day?  I'm not sure yet.
Will head out for the day and see how I feel by the end of it.


This truly makes me want to toss out all empire waists in the wardrobe. 

I guess I will  have to go through my entire closet and try on a belt with every empire waist.

Bright side?  New outfits may emerge.

Other bright side? All the color packed into this outfit today!