YOUR PERSONAL STYLE: MY MOTHER HATES THIS OUTFIT



I think this one is pretty straight forward.  
Mom hates this outfit.

1. I'm wearing a concert t-shirt with a pretty silk skirt and heels. 

That is kind of it, actually.


So I had a garden party to attend. 

I chose to go garden on the bottom and party on top.  

When my dear friend saw this outfit for the first time she exclaimed:
"Sass-ily mis-matched."

I would disagree.  I prefer to think of it as sass-ily matched.  
Well, at least it was on purpose.

OUTFIT CHALLENGE! 
Mis-Matching!  


Upon entering this lovely garden party, I noticed that most of the ladies adhered to the theme. A little bit Madmen and very much "lady in the garden".  I was surrounded by beautiful, flower and print dresses.

I am wearing my Reverend Horton Heat concert shirt. 
Coupled with a silk skirt from Francesca's closet.

T-SHIRT: $20.00
SKIRT:  $10.00


Mismatching can be really scary.  But I have to tell you, it is liberating.

If you stick with colors that make sense together, in this case all cool feeling tones, its a good place to start.  I think of this skirt as a neutral or a solid.

You also just have to go with your gut and put on your confidence panties.

I immediately thought this was the right way to go, no question.
I try not to second guess that voice.

Besides, someone is always going to hate your outfit.  So why not wear what you want?


A sassy, inquisitive gentleman asked me if I actually attended a Reverend Horton Heat concert; smirking to his friend standing alongside.

Why yes, kind gentle.....hmmm...acquaintance, I did acquire this lovely t-shirt at the Rev's concert and you can kindly stare at the back of this shirt for the rest of the garden evening.

Can I get a witness?

People, you do not have to attend a concert to sport the t-shirt, but it sure is a fun way to purchase one!


Shoes are mid heel, black, feminine with leather bows.  They are Liz Claiborne; thrifted.

That's ladylike, right?

SHOES:  $4.00


I'm pretty sure my beautiful mother wouldn't wear this to a garden party. Ha!