I'VE GOT BEEF WITH A BRIDESMAID DRESS



I've been asked to be a bridesmaid in a wedding.  My bride friend is beautiful and an amazing human being.  She has told her bridal party that we can pick our dress.  I love and appreciate this growing trend in bridesmaid-wear.

She has a few guidelines to keep us all looking un-purposefully uniform:

1.  Off white to tan in color.
2. Knee length.
3. Vintage inspired.
4. Should look good with cowboy boots.

The wedding is in Texas!

I love these guidelines.

I begin my search many, many months in advance.  My search becomes frustrating!!  Not because of the guidelines but because of the lack of great dresses I'm finding.


I think I hate this dress.  
I decide to take pictures to help me decide.

Low and behold.

Yea, I hate this dress.

Why?

1.  The built in slip underneath, see it hiking up there? 
I bought my size. I know better than to go too small.  And as you can see, the front fits fine. 
I am not tall!  So what is up with this attached and infuriating undergarment?
Ah, and see, it doesn't disappoint in the front, either.  It also rides up too high.

2.  What I hate the most?  The elastic waist band. The very obvious, cheap, hits at the wrong spot and is too tight, elastic waist band.  

Dear fashion designers, garment makers, distributors and retailers:
This is ugly. This is cheap. Stop doing ugly, cheap elastic waist bands.  
I hate you right now. 

If you have not noticed the plethora of these elastic waist bands, I challenge you to just pay attention for a couple minutes on your next shopping adventure.

3.  This dress cost just shy of $100.  $100 for this lovely construction.  Thanks.
Even if it cost $10 it would be too much.  


I did not wear this dress I hate to my bride friend's wedding.   I got rid of it.
I found something nice or my $150.