HOW TO TAKE A SUMMER TREND TO WORK

Once the weather gets nice, you almost feel like you have to have two wardrobes.
Suits, slacks, skirts, button downs for day at work and hop into shorts, sandals, skirts, breezy dresses at night and on weekends.

I love my warm weather clothing and I'm determined to wear it to work.  

My solution?  THROW A BLAZER ON IT.


I found this breezy, watercolor-ish, tie-die, music festival inspired tunic dress in Dallas at Buffalo Exchange.
DRESS: $8

On really laid back days I will wear this in the yard with sandals, all by itself. 
I couldn't wait to wear it today, which made me feel rebellious.  

So I ask myself, "If I want to wear this right NOW, to work, what will I do?"

I snatched the most conservative, navy blue, striped blazer I own, grabbed some mid heel pumps and was done in less than four minutes.  Yes I timed it. 


Super light weight skinny jeans are better than leggings, always.  
Leggings should hopefully take a backseat during the warm weather months.  I get the feeling that I have an unpopular opinion on this subject!  They aren't pants!  And come on, they're hot!


Buttoned or unbuttoned. Whatever strikes my fancy throughout the day.
This jacket is Tahari. I found it Arc's Value Village for $5.


The awesome colors and breezy attitude of the dress will keep my spirits up during work meetings, today.