SHOP THRIFT ON THE ROAD: LOS ANGELES

You must shop thrift stores in other cities.

Must!

Top Five Reasons to shop thrift stores in cities across this great nation? (and globe!)

1.  Every thrift store has different merchandise.
2.  Different climates; more selection of clothes for all seasons.
3.  Local designers.
4.  Merchandise is constantly turning over and changing.
5.  Local flavor.


This dress is KITSON.  I paid $6.00 for it.

WHY Los Angeles?
So far; Los Angeles is my most favorite city to shop thrift. Granted, I did live there for fifteen years and know the territory. It is still constantly changing and so many locations to choose from, it is enough to make a  fashion hunter faint.

For this edition. I went to Hermosa Beach, California.  A city I like to call a suburb of Los Angeles.

Hermosa Beach is a great city to find an actual selection of dresses for spring and summer.
This might seem like an obvious statement.  But, beach girls have a lot of fun beachy dresses.  Beach ladies will turn over these dresses like the ladies in Minneapolis turn over winter sweaters!


On the same trip found this beautiful olive green cardigan, J Crew.

***Why this isn't a DUMB BORING CARDIGAN? The sweet ruffle, sheer and soft knit, bold gold zipper and feminine shape.


One way I'm wearing it that others might not.....

On the same shopping trip, I found this western shirt.  Pearl snaps, light as a feather fabric, masculine touch and gets me out of my cardigan rut.

I could wear sandals; true.

I decide to wear the sling back heels that I happen to bring along on this trip.
They are Franco Sarto and thrifted from Minneapolis.

Limited options can provide new opportunities!